Thursday, October 18, 2007

PPP: Solar Decathlon

When I read through all the additional resources given by to write this post, I am very glad that I got this opportunity. I really learn a lot from the reading. My husband study about environmental, I know that it's very important for us to get committed to minimizing the environmental impact of any actions. I saw a lot of mother has started to go "green" by using cloth diaper. This is a very good start, I wish to do it for my 2nd baby!

BP as the world's current and historical energy trends is doing very well in this. Do you know what is BP Solar Decathlon? This is an event that occurs every other year where 20 university teams from around the world will design, build and operate livable, every-efficient, and completely solar-powered houses. This is to creat greater awareness of solar energy's potentioal and in advancing the science and technology of solar energy.The event culminates in a week-long competition on the National Mall in Washington, DC. This year, the even occurs from October 11–19. BP is sponsoring this special event as part of their commitment to discovering cost effective, clean energy solutions for everyday living.

To support the event and to let more people know what they are doing, BP has created a blog in which all of the teams as well as an on-site reporter will write posts throughout the competition. You are invited to vote for your favorite collegiate team or comment about the competitors' solar solution for everyday living.

Hop over to their blog to learn more about the event and get yourself involve to create a better world for our next generation.



0 comments: