Monday, November 19, 2007

My own cookbook?

I am not a good cook. I was forced to cook after we came to Netherlands. After one year of "training", I start to enjoy cooking. I will look for new recipes online and try it at home. I even will learn new recipes from TV shows!

I prefer to cook Chinese food, not western food. Anyway, in a western country, it's not easy for me to get all the ingredients I need. I always have to change the recipe a bit to suit with the ingredients that I have or I can get here. I must say that cooking is a adventurous work! You have to be brave enough to change the ingredients! I failed a few times, but there were times that the food I cooked turn out to be very nice and special! I wish I can jot down all the food that I had cook for the past one year until the day I go back to work! I hope the book will be thick enough for me to show my children!!

After trying a lot of Taiwan and China recipes, I started to get interested in baking! I am looking for a good Cake Recipes books. I wish I can bake a cake for my husband on his coming birthday! But first... I need to get an oven!! :-D

2 comments:

QQ red apple said...

hi,
I'm a chinese malaysian too whose a young mother to 3 lovely kids. I have same experience likes you too, after I marry to my husband and having my kids, force to cook and bake. When I feel homesick, I'll do research on internet and bake or making my own kuih, cakes, biscuit....... and of course enjoy it. Groetjes uit rotterdam.

Unknown said...

i am starting a blog soon about a few of my personal recipes. there easy to make and great for the family to try together