Sunday, March 25, 2007

Maternity Leaves..

After you read this and this, what you think? I hope our government will approve 90 days not 84 days. To me, 90 days are still not enough. From the listing, you can see that Malaysia falls under one of the country that gives the fewest days of maternity leaves.

In Netherlands, mothers are qualified for 4 months of maternity leaves (full pay!). Plus, you are allowed to apply for another 12 weeks of unpaid leaves. In China, mothers are given 6 months of maternity leaves (ehh.. but they only allow one birth only lah!). I even heard that Germany just reviewed their maternity leave policy this year, guess how long they give? I tell you, you wouldn't believe me! ONE YEAR! SATU TAHUN!!!! Soooooooo GOOOD~~~ I want to go Germany and find a job there and get pregnant and give birth and enjoy my 1 year maternity leavessssss with full pay!!!!!! ~~Joking only lah...

"一些國家的僱主甚至給喂孩子母乳的產婦另外的有薪假期." --> I hope our government will implement this also... Longer maternity leaves for breastfeeding mother!

2 comments:

LHS said...

6 months in China? No le..i heard my friend said only 50days.

becky's mum said...

HuiSia,
Eik, my China fren told me 6 months woh~~ She is from Harbin.