Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Five Flavored Squid

I love Squid, but I found that it's difficult to find a good recipe on squid. When I first saw this recipe, I know that I am going to love this dish.

Ingredients:


  • 250g fresh squid
  • 1 pc young ginger
  • 2 gloves garlic
  • 1 red chilis and 3 chili padi
  • some lettuce (for garnish)

Sauce:

  • 2 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 1 tbsp chili sauce
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • dash of salt

Method:

  1. Clean and scale the squid, then cross cut the surface and slice into wide strips.
  2. Blanch squid in boiling water and then soak in ice water till cold, drain.
  3. Chopped young ginger, garlic and chilies.
  4. Mixes chopped ingredients with the sauce ingredients and toss with squid, place on top of lettuce and serve.

Recipe from Oriental Crusine April 2007. Try this dish, it's very appetizing! But the picture I took look not that good... My camera's problem... :-D

0 comments: